Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snow Storm

Snow storm today and again it felt like climbing Mount Everest to get to work. The last snow storm I remember was during my first winter in Canada…that was about 2 years ago… and that time, I couldn’t even make it to the subway station due to the absence of much-needed buses. Taking a cab to work was out of the question since I couldn’t even get a cab company on the phone. Cab lines were jammed and it was just darn hopeless so I decided to stay in the comfort of my home (ok, more like my grandma’s house). Anyhow, today wasn’t as bad. Like I told Steve this morning, getting to work today was going to be difficult but not impossible. Mum, dad and my two brothers were sleeping having decided not to go out today. Good ol’, stubborn me was determined to go to work because I would’ve felt really bad if I’m the only one not in the office today. So off I went… layers and all. It took me almost 2 hours to get to work and I was freezing! Thankfully, Steve took the time to pick me up at Glencairn or else I would still be there, waiting for the bus that who knows when will come.

It’s such a dreary day… but there are lots of things to be grateful for… such as Tacos for lunch! Yum!

2 comments:

Marieseda said...

I wish I had stayed home today. None of my friends came to work and it really sucks to sit here and actually have to do my work. Never again will I let a good work ethic keep me from taking a snow day.

Enjoy your tacos!!

(we had pizza (Yuck!))

k a r e n said...

Sorry you had to be alone at work today... atleast on my end, everyone came to work so i don't really feel bad about coming.

The Tacos were absolutely amazing! But we have our pizza days too. Better pizza than nothing right? LOL