Monday, September 15, 2008

a BIG Thank You!

Today I am a quarter of a century old. If were being optimistic, I would celebrate the fact that I can now go into clubs and bars that have a minimum age limit of 25 years old. If I were to be pessimistic, I would think of it as another year closer to my death bed.

But today, I do not think of the privileges or the downsides of being 25. I am simply happy to be alive. Happy to love and be loved.

Today, I felt loved (not that I don’t feel loved any other day!) and I cannot even begin to express how wonderful it feels. To all of you who made sure I was reminded of how lucky and truly blessed I am to have such amazing people in my life, a very BIG THANK YOU!

Thank you for the many birthday greetings and the messages. Thank you for the surprise phone call from half-way around the world. It almost made me cry to hear all of your wonderful voices from the other end of the phone (I could barely speak! I think my colleagues could tell from my expression how happy I was). Thank you for celebrating my day even though I’m not there. Nakaka-touch talaga.

I miss you and I hope to see you all very soon.

Again, thank you.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Karen!! May all your wishes come true and may all the blessings you deserve come your way. Celebrate! :)

MakMak said...

Happy Birthday Kar! ^^,
Hope you had the grandest time celebrating life.

N said...

happy birthday karen :)

k a r e n said...

Thank you Sara!

k a r e n said...

Thank you MakMak! I'm halfway to 50! LOL

k a r e n said...

Thank you White!

Here's to not counting the years!! LOL

Jela said...

This is such a late greeting but Happy Birthday Karen! :)

k a r e n said...

I don't mind! Thanks Jela!! =)