Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Bits

My boss is back from her honeymoon and that means that I can hand her back all the tasks I’ve been overseeing on her behalf. In a way I am glad that I don’t have to deal with it anymore but in a way I’m also a bit sad because although it was hectic and frustrating at times, it was good to have had that much responsibility entrusted to me. I was getting used to all that power. Haha!

-------------------------------

My cousin was in town for the long weekend to see us and also to help me with some wedding errands. The car broke down in the process but luckily enough, we were lent another car for the weekend. There were some running around and several hundreds of dollars were spent but I’m glad to report that we were quite productive.

-------------------------------

Nature has been kind to us lately. After my rant about how cold it’s been in the last few weeks, Mother Nature seemed to want to prove me wrong. It’s been very warm during the past few days and I am absolutely enjoying it (of course as soon as I write this, it will all turn to sh*t).

-------------------------------

There’s been a lot of stabbing going on in public transit that every time I have the inkling to fall asleep on the subway, the thought of being stabbed has been keeping me up. Unfortunately, it’s only keeping me up on the way home but I am still very much asleep on the way to work. In fact I am so drowsy that I have practically mastered the art of sleeping while sitting down and without leaning my head on anything. I must look like an idiot to the people around me but I figured I don’t know any of them and they will probably never see me again so what the heck!

-------------------------------

One of the first things we learn in school is how to follow instructions. I am amazed at how many adults never seemed to learn that. Case in point: there is a sign on the door that says to “Use other door” but people still continue to use it anyway. I figured that either some people don’t know how to read or they’re ignoring it on purpose. So management has decided to revise the notice by putting a note on one door that says “DO NOT use this door” and a note on the other that says “Use this door”. If people didn’t follow it the first time, I don’t know why management thought that by revising the notices, people would follow it this time. Maybe they should have just locked one door.

No comments: