Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mope-y.

Lately, JR and I have been looking at the mirror every few minutes, sighing and commenting on how much we have been breaking out. Every morning, right before I shower, I do a quick facial survey and this is what it sounds like in my head…

“Ahhh… good…good.. nothing there... oooooh… thank God that pimple’s going away…”

“…buti nalang that cream’s working… it better work dammit, I spent a fortune on the darn thing…”

“ahhh sh*t, may bagong pimple na naman?! Where the hell did that come from overnight??”

“Nakakainis.. ayoko na pumasok.”


And then I proceed to cover the pimply areas with my hands while I try to imagine how beautiful I would be if I had smooth, flawless skin. LOL.

Seriously, I think it’s unfair that I break out so much while others don’t have skin problems at all. I already have a lot of grey hairs (blame it on my really wonderful genes) so having acne-prone skin on top of it is just a big fat bonus. It’s so depressing.

I try to be optimistic. I tell myself there are a lot of people out there who have worse problems than I do and that it’s the personality that counts and not the looks (Hahahaha… yes, this is what helps me sleep at night). I know I’m being shallow but hey, people don’t see my personality from afar, they only see what’s outside so you can’t blame me for feeling a bit mope-y.

I’m 25 years old dammit, I shouldn’t be breaking out anymore! Hmph.

No comments: