Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Music.

With all the wedding buzz that has been going in the past few months (mind you, that wedding buzz I was referring to was mostly created by a tiny little bee called me), there are a few things that totally skipped my mind until someone asked. Like the rings for example. Steve and I had talked about almost everything we were going to do for the wedding… the venue for the ceremony and the reception, the invitations, ideas for favours, where we were going to get the flowers… and so on and so forth. The one thing we forgot about and almost didn’t include in the budget? The rings. Yep, it is actually quite possible to forget about it. Imagine what it would have been like for us to take that trip down the aisle and at the moment the minister asks us for the rings, we go, “uhm… yeah, about that… you see.. we, uhm, kinda forgot…”. Thankfully, one of us remembered (and that one of us isn’t me).

A friend had recently asked me if I had already picked out the song for when I walk down the aisle and if Steve and I had already decided on which song we were going to dance to. That’s another thing I hadn’t considered until said friend mentioned it. That same night, I went online and started Google-ing songs (because as it turns out, when I need to come up with my favorite, meaningful songs, nothing comes to mind… I couldn’t remember a single one). And so I thought I would go online and look at what other people danced to. Maybe it would spark something in me to remember the songs I once told myself I would dance to on my wedding day. Every girl has that list somewhere right?

So I found a few songs that I thought I would consider. I still haven’t decided on which songs we are actually using (of course Steve and I have to decide on them together so all I’m doing is building a list of songs to go over).

Today while I was reading online, my iPod was playing in the background and a song came on which I thought would be a perfect song to have in our list (of course I didn’t remember even having that song in my iPod!). Does anyone know of some nice songs we could use?

8 comments:

N said...

You're getting married? Wow!

I have been a 'wedding singer' (hehe) in my early years so I have some suggestions for your music:

bridal march =
1. (classic) Pachelbel's Canon in G
2. Ikaw (popularized by Martin Nievera, Regine V., instrumental only, so Pinoy!hehe unless you want someone to sing it. It's heaven if you hire strings ensemble or quartet to play it)

you might consider a song that would tell the story of your love journey for your dance music....what I have in mind actually is the love theme song of the the 1994 movie 8 Seconds -> Standing Right Next To Me by Karla Bonoff

k a r e n said...

Yup, getting married next year in March. =P

Thank you for the suggestions, I will check them out for sure! I completely forgot about Ikaw so I'm really happy you recommended it. I'm not too familiar with Pachelbel's Canon in G but maybe I'll recognize it when I hear it.

Gosh, I don't think I saw 8 Seconds! But I agree that the song we're going to dance to should tell our story. There's a song I came across recently entitled "Bless the Broken Road" which has a really nice message too.

N said...

Hi Karen. :)

Canon in G is a classical music. It's beautiful. Hehe

Bless The Broken Road? Rascal Flatts' version or Carrie Underwood's? That's great! Hehe

k a r e n said...

Neither actually! It's by another artist and doesn't sound too country. I like the message but I don't know yet if I'm going to go with it. I'm considering it though... =)

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen!

How very exciting...I'm still reeling from all the wedding preps and details with our wedding! My bridal march was to Pachelbel's Canon in D...you should get his CD, he has some nice classical music that's great for the ceremony. I'd be happy to give you a list of the songs we had at our wedding. One of my favors was a cd compilation of songs that have meaning in our relationship or that basically told our story. We were gonna dance to God Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts but, The Greatest Story Ever Told- James Oliver still won our hearts--thanks to Bom!

One more thing to think about, what's your Father/Daughter song? I was so mad when at the last minute, they didn't have the song I specified for my dance with my dad!!
anyway, if you want any inputs, let me know...i'll be more than happy to help :)

k a r e n said...

Hi Sara!

You looked so pretty in your wedding photos! Bom posted them on her Multiply so I was able to take a sneak peek. LOL.. Your wedding was really nice especially your choice of the venue!

It's funny you mentioned "Bless the Broken Road" because I was considering that too! I'm going to check out "The Greatest Story Ever Told". Ya, if you'd be willing to share your CD collection, I'd love to have a copy.

I'd love to get your input on some wedding details... I haven't really thought about the Father-Daughter dance song.. to be honest, it didn't cross my mind until you mentioned it. OMG, I'm so bad at this.. hahaha!

jen said...

Here are a few suggestions:

1. Feels Like Home by Chantal Kreviazuk

2. You by Jim Brickman feat. Jane Krakowski

3. The Last Time by Eric Benet

4. I Could Not Ask For More by Edwin McCain or Sara Evans

5. You're The First, The Last, My Everything by Barry White

For the father-daughter dance, puede din Butterfly Kisses. :)

k a r e n said...

Thanks for the suggestions Jen! These would be really helpful =)