Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Excited, Disappointed, Giddy and Sad

I can’t tell you how excited I am that Twilight is coming out on Friday! I am so giddy I feel as though I’m bouncing off walls. Every time they show the trailer on TV, I stop whatever it is I’m doing, run to the living room and jump up and down while clapping my hands like a silly school girl. Steve just laughs at me and my brothers think I’m a complete dork. But I don’t care! I love it!

I try not to set my hopes up too high. Chances are, the book will probably be better than the movie but I’d love to see it anyways. I am still a bit unsure of Robert Pattinson playing Edward but I’ll know for sure when I see the movie. I really… REALLY hope it doesn’t disappoint.

I have Twilight in my head day and night and while having lunch on Sunday at a Chinese restaurant downtown, I noticed a guy sitting at the table across from me. His features were similar to how I envisioned Edward in my head and of course I couldn’t help but look at him every now and then (I actually think he might have noticed… whoops!). Steve was sitting beside me and I think I might have actually whispered to him, “Honey, see that guy across us? He looks like Edward from my book…”

I checked Stephenie Meyer’s website last week and saw that she had posted the draft for Midnight Sun which is basically the Twilight Story but told from Edward’s point of view. I absolutely enjoyed reading it. It was nice to be able to know Edward a little bit better… to be able to know what he was thinking and feeling all those times when Bella could only read his facial expressions. It was also nice being able to get to know the Cullen Family a bit better and the extent of their relationship and the complexities of being vampires. I am very disappointed though to read that Stephenie has decided to put Midnight Sun on hold indefinitely due to a leak of the draft online. I am upset at the people who leaked it (whether intentionally or unintentionally) and that because of it, I might never be able to read Midnight Sun. I just can’t get over the fact that it has been put on hold indefinitely. I don’t even know if it will ever be published. I am just plain sad about it (depressed actually). I’ve contemplated on writing Stephenie to try to encourage her to continue writing but I couldn’t find her email address on the website. (And yes, I am THAT big of a fan that I would actually consider writing to the author… I am such a dweeb sometimes).

I really wish Midnight Sun would someday be published. I would give up shopping for the next 6 months if it meant I get to read the book one day. (If you knew me at all, you’d know giving up shopping for 6 months is a very big sacrifice on my part). What would you give up for Midnight Sun?

4 comments:

jen said...

Hey! I've also read the draft of Midnight Sun and it's really good! I wish Stephanie would have a change of heart and decide to publish it. It's really nice to know Edward's thoughts and what he does when he's not with Bella. He's really a very, I don't know, I can't find the right word for it but I guess it's enough to say that I fell in love with him more when I read Midnight Sun! Hehehe...

So excited about the movie too! I actually filed for a vacation leave on Friday just so I could watch it agad. And just like you, i'm not still sure about that guy who plays Edward, sana lang mabigyan nya ng justice yung role. :D

k a r e n said...

I know what you mean Jen! Midnight Sun really shows a different side of Edward... it gives you more insight into his personality which just makes you fall even harder for him! LOL

Ya, I wish Stephenie would change her mind... I just don't know how we can convince her to do so..LOL

Sj said...

Just like my apprehension before the Time Travelers Wife movie comes out.. though I like Eric Bana and Rachel.. McAdams? still, are they going to do it well or ruin it by making it like the Lakehouse.. ugh

So, I feel ya

k a r e n said...

I know, I'm eagerly anticipating the Time Traveller's Wife!

Funny because it was you who told me to read the book!

How have you been?