Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Oy television!

Work has been very frustrating for me these past few weeks. I feel as though I am left to put out fires that my boss created. The thing is, I had already forewarned her about the consequences of her decision. She didn’t heed the warning and now, the sh*t has hit the fan so to speak. Nakakainis talaga!

Moving on…

There is a TV show that came out about a month or two ago entitled “Fringe”. It’s on Tuesdays at nine in the evening and the entire family is hooked on it. We all sit in the living room, huddled together on the couch. Fringe is almost like a cross between the X-Files and CSI. Of course, Dr. Walter Bishop (an “Einstein-like” genius - played by John Noble) and his son, Peter Bishop (played by Dawson’s Creek’s Joshua Jackson) are unbelievably intelligent characters on the show but I still enjoy all the scientific garble they come up with. I get hooked on all the mystery. I feel the need to find out what’s going to happen next and what “the pattern” really is. I want to find out who the bald guy is and why he’s important. It’s really very addictive.


Image from Fox - Fringe Official Website


I have been pretty good at following my favorite TV shows this season – Grey’s Anatomy, So You Think You Can Dance Canada, Fringe, Eli Stone and Two and a Half Men. Oh, and I almost forgot Prison Break (it’s really Steve’s show but we watch it together). I always get so stressed out whenever I watch Prison Break. I want the good guys to succeed and for everything to just work out. As much as I like the suspense, it’s also the one thing that kills me. Steve likes the twists and turns and the intricate things that happen in the story. I just get stressed when something unexpected happens that throws everything off. After awhile though, it just gets a little old. I mean, seriously, how many prisons do we expect Scofield to escape from? And really, the plot is getting a wee bit crazy. A tumor?! C’mon!

Anyhow, I hear Dr. Erika Hahn is being kicked out of Grey’s Anatomy due to her character’s sexuality. Although the network says that they decided to let her character go not because of the character being a lesbian but because they felt that “the magic and chemistry” of Dr. Erika Hahn wouldn’t sustain it in the long run. I think it might be a little of both. I saw the episode last week where Erika and Callie get into an argument about Dr. Izzie Stevens. I wonder if that’s the last episode for Dr. Hahn.

So You Think You Can Dance Canada is on its first season and it seems to be doing fine although I find that the judges are less critical compared to the judges for So You Think You Can Dance (US version). Personally, I prefer Nigel and Mary Murphy doing the judging. But I have to say that I also like Jean-Marc. He’s such a sweet guy and very encouraging. There are also a lot of talented dancers in Canada and boy! Aren’t they good-looking?! I have a crush on Nico Archambault… he’s soooo cute, sooo talented and such a gentleman! AND he speaks French! I melt every time he comes on stage. I think that if I ever met him in person, I’d probably end up making a fool of myself.


(Image courtesy of CTV's Official So You Think You Can Dance Canada Website)


Steve and I are trying to follow Heroes this season but since it is on the same time slot as Two and a Half Men, we find ourselves constantly flipping between the two shows and we’ve missed some key events in Heroes. I guess we could always rent the DVD when it comes out or watch it over the internet.

I enjoy watching TV but I only really follow certain shows. I feel bad when I miss an episode of my favorite shows but it doesn’t kill me. I figure I can always find it on YouTube or some other website.

7 comments:

Jela said...

I wanna watch Fringe, too! Well, basically because Joshua Jackson is there hahaha. I just LOVE that guy. Damn, I miss Pacey...

I've always wanted to post my thoughts on SYTYCD. It's being shown on a cable channel but we're waaaaay behind! Season 3 just finished airing the other week!

I used to love Prison Break but my love has been slipping since Season 3. :(

I've been too busy to watch my fave shows and it's making me sad.

MakMak said...

Charmed. Supernatural. Will & Grace. Buffy, The Vampire Slayer. How I Met Your Mother. American Idol.

I love TV.

Haha.

N said...

Fringe is interesting! :)

And speaking of TV, I will surely miss the "cuties" of Three Dads with One Mommy (jologs! ehehe).

k a r e n said...

Hi Jela! Nice to have you around!

Ya, I heard the Phils is a bit behind on the SYTYCD seasons but if you want, you can find a lot of them on YouTube. SYTYCD Canada just started its first season so I don't know how far it will go. I heard there's also a SYTYCD Australia and SYTYCD Greece! I was kinda waiting to see if the Phils will follow the trend on that regard.. hahaha

I looovvvee Pacey too! I think Joshua Jackson is a talented actor and he's cute.

k a r e n said...

Hi MakMak!

Ooohh.. I love the shows you mentioned! I used to be a big fan of Charmed and Will & Grace but I haven't been able to follow them since I moved here.

Steve and I both love How I Met Your Mother although we've missed a few episodes. I don't even know if they've already revealed who the mother is.

We also love this show called "New Adventures of Old Christine" but I don't know if you have there. It's really funny.

k a r e n said...

Hi White!

Ya, I really love Fringe! I don't know if you've been able to follow all episodes but my brothers and I just started noticing that the "observer" is always present in every episode somewhere in the background.. I wonder who he is!

N said...

Kar, it's unfortunate that I haven't watched an episode of Fringe. :-( but as you have described it, I will scurry some copies of previous episodes for me to watch....:)