Friday, November 21, 2008

Wrong Aisle, Honey!

Yesterday, Steve did for me what most men eventually end up doing for their girlfriend, sister, mom or wife. He had to run to the drugstore to get me some feminine pads. I would have gotten them myself but I had a training session that I just couldn’t leave so he volunteered to buy it for me instead. He was going to the bank anyways and offered to pass by the store on the way back to work. So I told him which brand and kind to buy and asked him to give me a call in case he has any questions or has trouble looking for it.

I went back to my training session (since I was on a break) and about a couple of hours into training, my phone rang…

Me (answering the call): “Hey hun, are you having a hard time finding it?”

Steve: “Yeah… they don’t have the one you like… they only have three brands – Poise, Life and Tena… which one should I get?”

Me: “Are you at Shopper’s Drugmart?”

Steve: “Yes…”

Me: “Ok, that’s weird because Shopper’s always has it and at the very least they should have Kotex or Always… wait… Tena?? Are you at the right aisle?? Because I think you’re in the diaper aisle… I think Tena is a diaper brand, honey… Look for the Feminine Hygiene aisle…”

(of course I’m laughing at this point…)

Steve (realizing his mistake and laughing): “Oh! You’re right! Geez, how was I supposed to know! They had the same types like the feminine pads and they look more like pads rather than diapers! It says light, medium and heavy flow on the package too! Oh geez…”

Me (still laughing): “Ok, just look for the right aisle honey and call me back if you still can’t find it…”

Steve: “Ok, I’ll look for it… geez… I must look like an idiot… someone’s probably looking at me on the camera and laughing… I’ve been here for 20 minutes going back and forth through the diaper aisle!”

Anyhow, he did come back to work with the right brand and kind. I was really impressed and amused.

2 comments:

Sj said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Oh no!! Well, u could tell Steve that I've been in that situation before.. ok not the diaper part, but the going to buy them and not knowing which ones for sure, and calling and walking back and forth and leaving great huge run on sentences...

k a r e n said...

Hahahaha!

I miss you SJ! Nice to see you drop by!

I asked him if he felt awkward grabbing them for me and he said not really except that it was so obvious he didn't know what he was doing. Funny because when he got to the cashier, the woman smiled at him and asked, "so is this everything for today?" and he replies with, "um ya, just the maxi pads please.."

LOL