Friday, February 06, 2009

I still love you Dao Ming Si!

Chayanne’s Yo Te Amo is currently playing on my iPod and I swear every time I hear it, Dao Ming Si and Shan Cai frolicking around in Spain is the very first thing that comes to my mind. Kinikilig pa din ako. Yes, until now.

I even remember the very first Meteor Garden episode I saw. It was the one where they played basketball. I think it was also the episode where Shan Cai meets Dao Ming Si’s sister. I got hooked from that point forward and just kept watching it until I was so obsessed that I ended up buying the entire series on DVD from Quiapo. I personally preferred the subtitles over the version dubbed in Tagalog even though the subtitles were pretty funky and sometimes made no sense at all.

I remember finding out about Meteor Garden 2. I was blissfully happy with the news. I remember going on various Meteor Garden fan sites and forums just to be able to obtain any piece of information about it. I must have gone to Quiapo over and over again, checking if it was already out on DVD. I remember seeing the music video for Yo Te Amo with Dao Ming Si and Shan Cai... It was the teaser for MG 2. I actually cried when they showed Dao Ming Si getting into a car accident. I knew he was going to have some form of amnesia. I’ve seen enough telenovelas to know someone’s bound to lose their memory at some point.

I remember my mum and me watching the episode where Dao Ming Si and Ye Sha were celebrating Valentine’s Day and you could see Dao Ming Si falling in love with her while they were slow dancing. I started bawling right then and there. I was really devastated. I actually hated Dao Ming Si and Ye Sha at that point. I knew that at some point Dao Ming Si and Shan Cai would end up together again but seeing him fall for another girl really hurt! I took it so personally!

It all seems so silly but there’s just a certain charm to Meteor Garden that never fails to appeal to me.

For all you Meteor Garden fanatics out there, enjoy...

No comments: