Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Keeping (un)Fit

The Wii fitness instructor would be very disappointed with me. I haven’t been using the Wii Fit for at least two weeks now and I am definitely not hitting my goal by my deadline. The goal is to lose 5 lbs in two weeks. You and I both know that’s not happening. It’s a nice, impossible goal though. Steve keeps saying we should use the gym at work but our CEO’s always using it and he does NOT want to share. He’s such a weirdo… intelligent but very temperamental. He likes to brag to visitors that we have a gym at the office which the staff can use. BUT what he doesn’t tell them is that the staff can use the gym ONLY if he’s not using it (which is never by the way since he’s always in the gym).

Since a gym membership is a bit expensive for us right now, I am thinking that I should just starve myself. Kidding!! I can’t stop eating even if I tried to. I get really weak really fast if I don’t eat properly. I actually am the type that gets the shakes when I’m really hungry. To top it all off, I also have hyper-acidity which can be both painful and uncomfortable if I skip meals.

I realize that I am actually consuming twice the amount of food I was eating when I first came to Canada. Somehow I must have gotten used to the big servings here. I am always surprised when I finish a plate that I normally wouldn’t have been able to finish. I certainly don’t think that my metabolism has increased. I suspect it’s gone much slower in the last couple of years so I’m definitely not burning enough of what I consume.

I really admire and envy those people who exercise regularly. Some people run or jog outside even during the winter! How do they do that?! I look at their discipline and determination and I am in awe. I wish I could say the same for myself.

No comments: