Saturday, March 03, 2007

Memories

It is such an amazing feeling to be sitting across the table from someone or just sitting in the car talking. I can think of so many conversations with so many different people and the ones that remain in my memory the most are those conversations I shared with someone who made me feel like they really understood and that every word I said mattered even though what I might have been saying didn't necessarily make a lot of sense.

Looking back in my life, I realize it's the little things that I remember the most. A person's smile, the scent of the morning, conversations, meaningful experiences, thoughtful gestures... sometimes I even surprise myself when I recall certain things from my childhood that I thought I would have forgotten by now. There are things I remember so vividly. Nothing big. Just little things that made such an impact in my life or things that have stayed, forever locked up in my heart. Some memories are good, some are bad. Some made me cry, some made me laugh. But mostly just things and experiences that helped shaped me into the person I am and remain as a constant reminder that although life can be painful sometimes, it is also beautiful.

I wonder, several years from now, what memories will I be keeping?

No comments: