Tuesday, March 27, 2007

pppuurrffeeccttt weather!

Spring is finally here and me likes the weather today. –GRIN-

If only the weather would stay this way and not fluctuate between -5 and +15, it would be pppuuuurrrfffeeecccttt… At least I’ve been able to get my feet out of my boots and into wedges and I’ve been able to wear jeans without the discomfort of a thermal underneath and at least I’ve been able to temporarily put away my winter jacket in exchange for a light corduroy blazer and on certain days a spring coat. It’s been raining some days but I don’t mind the rain as much as the cold so I can tolerate it. I’m praying that weather would remain warm during the weekends instead of it being warm during the weekdays and cold on the weekends. That would suck big time.

I am so proud of myself, having done all my chores on Sunday and then getting a short nap afterwards. I have yet to organize my closet and put away clothes I will no longer be wearing. I am trying to decide as to whether I should go ahead and buy a dresser since my closet is becoming a disaster. I like to keep my things organized as much as possible. Just look at my desk at work!

Another reason to be proud is the fact that I, yes I had 2 shots Saturday night and didn’t even get drunk… I got a little dizzy and felt a bit sleepy but I didn’t feel sick or anything. It must be because I had dinner before and the shots I took were probably quite mild. But still, it’s an accomplishment for someone who doesn’t drink. I still don’t get it why so many people like to drink alcohol when it tastes so bad. I know I know you’re supposed to “acquire” a taste for it over time… but I’ve never acquired it and I don’t think I ever will. And what’s so good about drinking and getting a hang over the following morning any way?

Saturday night was a blast! Steve took me clubbing with a few of his cousins and their friends at Cheval downtown along King Street West. They knew the PR person for the club so we got in for free and we had our own VIP section. Very cool. Our drinks were paid for and we even had a few snacks and we didn’t have to spend a dime. Awesome! I’m not much of a club-goer and it was my first time being in a VIP section of a club getting VIP treatment so I was blown away. I was drinking water for the most parts except for the vodka and coke that Steve mixed for me by accident. Very little vodka and lots of Coke. And the 2 shots I had. I was so amused with everyone dancing around me even though I sucked at dancing. Steve was a much better dancer! It was probably because he wasn’t as shy and self-conscious as me. The music was good and everyone was just having a good time. Around 2am, most of us decided to go home since Steve and I both had church the following day while the others were hammered. I am so glad I went. It was quite the experience for me.

Where do butterflies go when it rains?

No comments: