Friday, January 11, 2008

Awful.

Today I had one of those training sessions from hell. I was forewarned by my trainees yesterday that the group I’m training today is going to be difficult. But man, I had no idea!

They WERE in fact VERY DIFFICULT not to mention quite ANNOYING that I had to bite my tongue several times just so I could save myself from uttering something rude. One of the trainees owns her company and she was the most difficult and frustrating of all of them. I had to constantly tell her “Left click on the plus sign” where she would proceed to do something else entirely different and then me having to tell her again, “No, left click on the plus sign” and on and on and on went like this until it came to a point where I was practically standing beside her the entire day, training and pointing things to her at the same time. I understand she’s not quick on technology and she had actually told me to, “Oh don’t mind me…I’m not going to use it much… worry about them… just go on…” and when I do proceed, she’ll suddenly say, “Oh hold on… I don’t get it… where am I? How did you get there? What am I supposed to be doing?...” It drove me nuts!! And she kept saying, “you can continue…” and when I do continue she’ll interrupt me again! What got me ticked off was that she suddenly blurted out, “You can just move on at a much faster pace… don’t mind me” And I had to try REAL HARD to stop myself from saying, “Well, if you just shut up then maybe I can actually talk and move on!” Kill me.

I seriously, seriously considered hanging myself.

2 comments:

emiliethestrange said...

Hi!I read your blog entries and I like it. I decided to say something on this post :D . You'll get used to it I guess I experienced that too, tell them to pay attention again and again

k a r e n said...

thanks Emilie!

Most times it's ok but it gets really frustrating at times esp when I'm tired..