Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Juno


Last night, Steve and I stayed behind at work to help the others run a few tests on one of our databases. Luckily enough, we didn’t have to stay the whole night and only ended up staying for an hour and a half. After leaving the office, we decided to go to Yorkdale to have dinner and see a movie. We didn’t really have a specific movie in mind and neither did we check the movie schedules before going there but we thought we’d just go and check the movie listing when we got there.

I had wanted to see Atonement since it came out but it’s not Steve’s idea of a good movie to see in the theaters (he doesn’t like period pieces and really sappy love stories… too bad for him because I just happen to love them! LOL) plus it wasn’t showing at Yorkdale so it was either National Treasure or Juno. We decided on Juno so we’d have enough time to grab a bite before the movie.

I loved Juno. I thought it was a really good movie. Don’t worry, I won’t spoil it for those of you who haven’t seen it yet and have plans on going. I’m sure most of you know it touches on teen pregnancy but yeah.. it’s an interesting movie and I especially love the lines.. quite witty. I would highly recommend it.

Some good lines from the movie:

Vanessa Loring: Your parents are probably wondering where you are.
Juno MacGuff: Nah... I mean, I'm already pregnant, so what other kind of shenanigans could I get into?

-------------------

Juno MacGuff: You should've gone to China, you know, 'cause I hear they give away babies like free iPods. You know, they pretty much just put them in those t-shirt guns and shoot them out at sporting events.

-------------------

Juno MacGuff: I think I'm, like, in love with you.
Paulie Bleeker: You mean as friends?
Juno MacGuff: No, I mean, like, for real. 'Cause you're, like, the coolest person I've ever met, and you don't even have to try, you know...
Paulie Bleeker: I try really hard, actually.

-------------------

Juno MacGuff: If I could just have the thing and give it to you now, I totally would. But I'm guessing it looks, probably like a sea monkey right now, and I should let it get a little cuter.

-------------------

Juno MacGuff: I could like, have this baby and give it to someone who like totally needs it.
Leah: You should look in the PennySaver.
Juno MacGuff: They have ads for parents?
Leah: Yeah! 'Desperately Seeking Spawn.'

-------------------

Juno MacGuff: It all started with a chair.

-------------------

Juno MacGuff: Can't we just like kick this old school. You know, like I stick the baby in a basket, send it your way, like Moses and the reeds?
Mark Loring: Technically that would be Old Testament.

-------------------

Paulie Bleeker: I still have your underwear.
Juno MacGuff: I still have your virginity.
Paulie Bleeker: Shut up.

-------------------

Juno MacGuff: Can two people stay together forever?
Mac MacGuff: You mean like couples?
Juno: Yeah, like people in love.
Mac MacGuff: Are you having boy troubles? 'Cause I got to be honest, I don't much approve of you dating in your condition. That's kinda messed up! That's pretty skanky. Isn't that what you girls call it? Shanky? Skeevy? Tore up from the floor up?

-------------------

Juno MacGuff: Bleeker is actually good in... chair.

-------------------

Mac MacGuff: Look, in my opinion the best thing you can do is find a person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what-have-you. The right person is still going to think the sun shines out of your ass. That's the kind of person that's worth sticking with.

1 comment:

Jela said...

Ooohh, I want to see this movie, too! I've been reading a lot of good reviews about it and I also like the actress who played the title character. I really hope they'll show this here in the Philippines. :)