Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Oldies Never Get Old.

I had been begging one of my co-workers to give me a copy of his mp3s and when I got really, really anxious, the poor guy got dragged to his desk and I basically stood there and forced him to burn me a CD. Hey, nothing beats free music.

I don’t know exactly how many songs there were in total but I transferred almost all of them on my iPod and I am now happily listening to them. Most of them were oldies (70s, 80s, 90s music) which I liked before and have totally forgotten about so I was happy that he gave me a copy. Do you notice that oldies music in essence never really gets old (the irony…lol)? I mean, do you ever get tired of James Ingram or Frank Sinatra or The Beatles or even Rod Stewart? Sure they’re old and these were songs my parents listened to but no matter how much time passes and new songs and artists come out, whenever I hear an oldie song, I can’t help but listen to the whole thing. It’s always good. My parents are right… the classics will always stay. When Linkin Park or Britney Spears or what-have-you have come and gone, you will still find yourself listening to the songs of the 70s, 80s, and 90s and will love them just as much.

1 comment:

Jela said...

I agree - oldies are really the goodies!

Sometimes I wonder whether I was born in the right generation! :) I tend to listen to music of the late 70's, the 80's (especially the 80's), and early 90's. I'm so out when it comes to current hits! Rihanna who?