Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Lack of Vertical Inches.

I’ve somewhat given up. I’ve accepted the fact that I am short and will always be short. They say women generally stop growing at the age of 26. Screw that, I think I stopped growing a long time ago and frankly, I’d really rather not grow if it means adding inches sideways rather than lengthwise.

I’m actually quite ok with the way I am. Yes, I do wish I was taller or well-toned and that my teeth, hair and skin were perfect but for the most part, I’m happy the way I am. I may not be perfect but who is? And I was made this way and it is what it is and I’m really thankful that I am otherwise healthy.

I just have to keep in mind that there will always be people who have more and people who have less than I. Sure, I complain about my height but you know what? There are a lot of women who are much shorter than me and it doesn’t seem to bother them so why should it bother me? When you really think about it, our physical aspects are really relative. I’m tall compared to one person and short compared to another. So really, I am both short and tall.

Maybe I’ll wear heels less and comfortable flats more.

1 comment:

Jela said...

I think I'm a lot shorter than you! If people ask me what my height is, I often answer "below 5"!

Minsan nakakainis, especially when people tease you or you couldn't find the right fit of clothes because of your size, but I get used to it. Some part of you, you can change, but height? Talagang hangganng dun na lang, so bat pa ko paa-apekto? :)