Friday, January 25, 2008

A Quick Trip

Sleep.

This is pretty much the only word that has been buzzing in my head for the past week like a pesky bug that is just asking to be squashed.

I WOULD love to squash it if I could… Yeah… it would be really nice to lie in bed in the mornings and sleep for more than 10 hours and think nothing of the conscious world.

The Calgary Trip I was hoping wouldn’t go through actually did go through and although I am glad that it’s done and over with, I am left quite tired and still faced with a ton of work. I flew out Monday night and it took about 3 and half hours to get to Calgary. There were extra seats in the plane so I got to choose a window seat “with a view” (it basically means I’m not sitting by the plane’s wings). Before boarding, I passed by a bookstore and bought Paolo Coehlo’s The Devil and Ms. Prim and spent almost the entire flight reading and napping.

The hotel I stayed in wasn’t bad and I was releived to find Moxie’s by the lobby which made it convenient for me to have dinner. Since I arrived late, I only had time to eat dinner, watch a bit of TV and then I went to sleep.

The following morning, I took a bath and packed all my stuff again since I was leaving for Toronto again that same day. The client I was visiting was located about 2-3 blocks west of the hotel I was staying in so I decided to just walk, pulling my luggage and laptop with me only to find out later that day that the subway downtown is free and I could have just taken it. The training session went well and I made it to the airport later that afternoon in time for my flight back.

Because the trip was so short, it felt like going to work in another city several miles away and then coming home again via a plane instead of a bus. It was very tiring and although it has been a few days since the trip, I still haven’t been able to catch up on sleep.

No comments: