Friday, August 17, 2007

Season Finale

Last night was the finale of So You Think You Can Dance. I got home a little late and missed the first 30-40 minutes of the show. I regret not being able to watch the whole thing and I was hoping there would be a re-run of it somewhere. Of course I didn’t help that the TV’s broken and the picture was fuzzy but I was happy nonetheless to have seen it (even if I could barely make out the people’s faces). I was really pleased that the choreographers picked out their favorite dances and the contestants performed them again. I also loved the fact that they highlighted some of the best moments and even showed some of the auditions that stood out. If only I taped all of them… then I could just play it over and over.

In a way I am a bit sad that the season’s over. It’s the one show that had no over-the-roof drama. It was pure fun to watch and because I love dancing, it was really entertaining. I’m not particularly good at dancing so I have such great admiration for the contestants who truly have talent. I loved seeing all the different choreography and the different styles of dancing and I loved all those wow moves that just left you with your mouth wide open (remember that move with Sabra wrapped around Neil and she falls down? Even the judges were in awe!)

One thing’s for sure, I’ll miss it.

No comments: