Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Unpacking and the Sims

I'm back home after a few days of sleeping over at boss' place (FYI, the "boss" happens to be a "she" and I was staying over her place to watch over her cat while she was away for the long weekend). I started unpacking and putting my clothes away as soon as I walked into my bedroom. I took one glance just to check if everything's in place. I always do it even though I know no one really goes into my bedroom unless they need to borrow something (my cordless phone, laptop or some little thing) or put freshly laundered clothes on top of my bed. Since I'd been watching over a cat and most of my clothes were covered in cat hair, I put most of them in the laundry basket and the clothes that I never really wore and remained clean, I put them back in my closet. It always amazes me how much clothes I actually bring with me whenever I go away. It's when I come to realize I really do have plenty to wear.

After putting my stuff away, I grabbed my laptop off my bedroom floor (yeah, don't ask...), grabbed the new games I purchased from Future Shop and proceeded to install them. Steve and I had gone to Future Shop over the weekend and bought a few games (they were so cheap we couldn't resist it). We bought two games each and one of the games I had purchased for myself was "Sims 2 - Glamorous Life". It had been years since I last played the Sims and I thought it would be fun to play it again. So I put the CD in my drive and... it popped up a window saying I needed to have Sims 2 installed first. Dammit! I didn't know I had bought the extension pack!! It was right on the box too! Talk about reading skills... yeesh! I couldn't really be mad could I? My own stupidity, my own fault for buying the darn thing and not realizing I needed to have something else installed first. Double yeesh!

Since playing the game is out of the question, I decided to purchase songs out of iTunes and update my iPod and browse the internet. Duh.

At least I got some of my chores done... something productive.

No comments: