Thursday, February 07, 2008

Manual, Snow and the Train

I’m supposed to be writing a manual for one of our major clients regarding a new feature in our application. I started working on it yesterday and still working on it today but I am struggling to concentrate. Today is the first day that I’m not training in a long while so I feel the urge to slack off for once. Nakakatamad talaga. I’m already more than half-way through it and every so often I would work on it some more and then check my emails and then surf the internet a bit and then back to working on it again. Oo na, tamad na kung tamad… inaamin ko naman eh. Nakakatamad lang talaga kasi eh.

-----------------------------------


Yesterday morning when I stepped outside of the house to go to work, I was so surprised to find so much snow on the ground. The night before, it was above 0 degrees and the sky was clear so I was baffled as to how all that snow got there. It must have snowed through the night.

Then as if we hadn’t gotten enough snow already, it snowed some more all of yesterday. It was snowing so much that by the end of the day, all you could see was white everywhere.

Steve and I went for dinner at Yorkdale and for the first time, Dufferin road and the Yorkdale parking lot were empty. I guess everyone either missed work altogether or went straight home afterwards. It was a little scary because there was a lot of wind combined with huge chunks of snow falling from all directions. It easily covered everything in sight.

After dinner, Steve and I both headed home and it just kept on snowing. The roads and sidewalks hadn’t been plowed yet so I had to walk through a LOT of snow. It was kinda fun actually. Scary but fun… just the amount of snow is pretty amazing. When I see so much snow like that, it’s pretty hard to imagine Canada being so hot and humid in the summer.

It snowed like that all of last night too and up till this morning. Once again, I stepped out of the house still amazed at the amount of snow. I was running to the bus stop because I didn’t want to miss the bus but when I rounded the corner and saw that the sidewalk still hadn’t been plowed and snow reached my mid-leg, I decided to just walk slowly. It’s not like I have a choice anyway. I would have had a difficult time running anyway. The good thing is, I still caught my bus.

-----------------------------------


The trains on the subway were running slower than usual this morning, with longer stops at each station. I was already annoyed with the two guys sitting beside me because they kept letting out full blown yawns and someone kept farting. Not that I have a thing against people yawning… But I mind rude yawning (with matching sound pa ha) and especially if you didn’t brush your teeth before leaving the house. Muntik nakong himatayin. Shempre pina-iral ko na naman ang aking “taray” eyes diba. Ang aga-aga nabwibwiset nako.

What annoyed me even more was that the TTC didn’t even inform us as to what was causing all the delay. They normally do anyways but I was really eager to get to work early this morning and not knowing why the trains were delayed was just really irritating.

I eventually made it to Glencairn Station where Steve was patiently waiting for me. Thank goodness we were still able to make it to work early.

-----------------------------------


While writing this post, I did eventually finish the manual. Yay!

No comments: