Friday, February 15, 2008

Post Hopping

Once in awhile, I click on links from various blogs and sites and end up on a stranger’s page. I like reading what other people have written… reading about what goes on in other people’s lives and what they think, worry, fear, love or dream about. It’s all so interesting.

It’s comforting to learn that someone else is going through the same joys and pains I go through and worries about the same crap that I do. It’s like getting to know people without really knowing them.

Have you ever wanted to be invisible just so you could spy on people? Well, reading blogs is kind-of like spying. Not necessarily in a bad way. It allows you to peek into someone else’s life minus all that relationship drama. You can choose to be involved or not. Pag ayaw mo na magbasa, eh di lipat ka na sa ibang website.

For a moment, you get to share someone else’s highs and lows. It’s easy to get caught up in it. I often find myself reading someone’s blog and it almost seems as if I know the person kahit di naman talaga. I empathize with them and when they are obviously distraught or upset or worried, I feel it too. I find myself being excited and giddy about someone falling in-love or having kids or getting a promotion or going on a trip. I laugh at the funny things that people write about. I feel sad when I read about losses and disappointments and heartbreak.

Different people of different ages, cultures, beliefs and personalities write. And in reading other people’s posts, I am all the more convinced that regardless of our differences, everyone goes through the same things. We all have accomplishments, we all fall in-love, we all complain about our jobs, we all have disappointments, we all have had our hearts broken, we all have problems, we all worry about the future, we all (in some degree) worship someone or something and we all generally want to be happy.

Every time I visit someone’s page, it’s like catching them in that moment in time. If they’re happy at that time, then I’ll find a happy post and when they’re sad or vulnerable, then I see a very emotional post. What might be true for today might not necessarily be true for tomorrow and that’s also part of the beauty of it because I get to see a person’s different sides and moods and how they try to cope with the different things they go through whether it is something good or bad.

In a way, visiting other people’s pages allow me to be a part of their lives or stories even if all it means is me reading a short and simple post. Like I said earlier, it all is very interesting.

1 comment:

MakMak said...

That's the fascinating thing I find about blogs. You get to be see and live the writer's life through his post even for just a moment. Until you get caught up reading all the way to his first entry.

^^