Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Nice, long weekend.

Ang sarap talaga ng long weekend!

Yesterday was the first Family Day for Ontario with it being the newest holiday added to our list of holidays. Muntik pang ma-abolish…buti nalang they pushed through with it.

I spent most of my weekend napping, going to the movies and spending time with Steve. We saw The Eye which of course scared the heck out of me. I screamed a few times during the movie and believe it or not, Steve fell asleep. How do you fall asleep in a movie like that? I don’t know. I’ve never fallen asleep in a movie theatre. No matter how boring a movie may be, I always manage to stay awake through the entire thing. My curiosity is what keeps me awake. I’m always dying to know what’s going to happen next. Watching a movie at home is a different story… I can easily fall asleep whilst watching a DVD or a movie on TV. Then on Sunday night, we saw Definitely, Maybe which I really enjoyed watching. I love romantic movies talaga. I like action flicks too but nothing beats watching a romantic, funny, feel-good movie. Tinutukso ngako ni Steve… sabi niya parati daw akong good mood after watching one of my movies.

It’s nice being able to stay up late and then stay in bed for as long as you want the following morning. I never get tired of napping. But don’t you notice that the longer you stay in bed, the sleepier you are the rest of the day? It feels that way for me. I try my hardest to get out of bed before 9 am pero di ko talaga magawa. It’s so hard… my mind is telling me to get up but my body is telling me otherwise.

Anyhow, the weekend weather was a bit of a mess. It started out nicely warm and then ended up being rainy and cold and windy. Sawa nako sa winter. I think we’ve had enough of the snow and wind and the cold. It would be nice to be able to wear a tee or even a light jacket/sweater outside instead of needing to wear layers and layers of clothing. Nakukuba nako kakasuot ng makapal na jacket at sawa na rin ako sa kakalakad sa makapal at madulas na snow sa labas. I’ve ruined 2 pairs of boots this season and I don’t want to buy a new pair since it’s expensive and spring is just around the corner. I might as well tide it out. I’ve noticed that this winter, we’ve been alternating between sun, snow, wind and rain although very few sunny days.

I could use more of these long weekends.

No comments: