Friday, February 08, 2008

Muntik Na.

Ohmygulay inaantok ako sobra.

I bought a new book from Indigo last night and I began reading it after dinner. Like always, I got hooked and ended up reading it all the way till 1 am. Yikes!

Sabi na nga ba, I should’ve gone to bed after I spoke to Steve on the phone. Instead, being the stubborn kid that I am, I picked up my book and read… and read… and read some more… and before I knew it, it was waaaayyyy past my bedtime. Naiinis tuloy ako sa sarili ko.

What made it worse was the fact that I dreamt about the characters in the book and I kept turning in bed. In short, I didn’t sleep too well in the 4+ hours I had left to sleep.

At 6:20 this morning, my mom went into my bedroom and said, “Karen…di ka ba papasok? Bangon ka na…”

So I turned to face my wall clock and check the time and… whoa!! 6:20?!!

You should’ve seen me jump so fast!

It’s such an awful feeling when you’re so groggy with sleep and then having to be jolted awake. It’s like your mind and body are still booting up and you’re just trying to move and make sense of things as fast as you can. You’re part awake, part dreaming and mostly confused. The only reason you’re able to move and function a bit is because of habit… mechanically moving kung baga.

Thank God for adrenaline… it was the only thing that saved me from being late. Miracle of all miracles, I was able to go through my usual morning routine AND even made it out the door earlier that I normally do. Hanep ‘di ba?

No comments: