Monday, February 11, 2008

Rant.

This day started out well and then it took a fatal turn after lunch.

I got yelled at. Yes, YELLED at by one of our clients… FRANTIC, I’M-A-BEYOTCH-DON’T-MESS-WITH-ME kind of yelling. Oh only for about… 15 mins…FIFTEEN MINUTES of YELLING!

I would have totally felt guilty had it been my fault why she was so upset. BUT IT IS TOTALLY NOT MY FAULT.

She just kept yapping and yapping and even though I offered to transfer her to someone higher, she ignored me and blamed me all the more. Hey lady, I’m the one HELPING YOU so don’t yell at me. I am MAKING SURE YOU ARE BEING TAKEN CARE OF and I DON’T DESERVE TO BE YELLED AT.

Anyway, I couldn’t get a word edgewise and she had the audacity to say, “STOP BEING NICE TO ME AND FIX MY PROBLEM!! I WANT YOU TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT RIGHT NOW! YOU HEARD ME… RIGHT NOW!!”

Gee woman, maybe if you stop yelling for a minute, maybe I could make you understand what’s going on and what we are doing to resolve it.

So as calmly as I could, I told her simply that although I did train her on how to use the application, I am not her web guy and therefore DO NOT and CAN NOT fix her problems personally. I then proceeded to explain to her that as soon as the issue was brought to our attention, that our team has been looking into it and is already working on resolving it for her. But of course, she would not listen and only heard the part where I tell her I’m not her web guy. So she then proceeded to ask me to transfer her to her web guy so she can then YELL at the poor guy.

Eventually she did give up after yelling at the web guy for about 10 more minutes and then passed the phone to someone else within her company who clearly sounded embarrassed by what just went on. I feel bad for the guy… it must be difficult working for a high-maintenance, know-it-all who is clearly a drama queen.

It would have been easier to deal with her if she knew what she was talking about or what was going on. First of all, I don’t appreciate being yelled at. I think it is rude and a reasonable human being would make an attempt to talk it out first. If you’re going to be upset, at least get the facts straight, do your research, find out what it’s all about and how it all works. Don’t yell and accuse just because it doesn’t turn out exactly the way you imagined it would be especially if you don’t know what it takes to give you what you need.

Indeed, very annoying.

No comments: