Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Bad Case of Wiki.

You know you’ve either done something really great or something really awful when you find an entire page about you on Wikipedia.

Our CEO happens to be mentioned in a page about a person he was involved with in the past. And he is not mentioned in a “he-did-something-really-great” kind of way. He’s painted as more of a “he-did-something-really-bad-and-got-away-with-it”. I couldn’t help but chuckle when I read the article. The article sounds biased but the things they mentioned are quite true (at least based on what I have heard from those who know him better) although I don’t know how much of it is accurate. He didn’t murder anyone (in case you were wondering)…

Sometimes I look at him and I wonder if he regrets any of it. I wonder because he got a lot of money out of it… but at the same time, his reputation is tarnished. Everyone knows what he’s done and some companies outside of North America hesitate to do business with him because they are aware of his past. I would mention his name here but so many people Google him and I don’t want my blog coming up in the results page. Yikes.

I wonder if he would do it still if he ever had the chance to go back to the past.

No comments: