Thursday, March 13, 2008

TV

I was watching TV with Steve last night and we were watching this show called “Moment of Truth”. They basically have a guy/girl on the show and they ask him/her a bunch of really personal questions and he/she has to tell the truth in exchange for money. I think the top prize is half a million dollars. They ask really tough and ridiculous questions… enough that the person could risk losing his/her family and spouse. I kept thinking, why would someone risk hurting his/her reputation, a spouse and family for money? It just goes to show that some people will do anything for money. Some of the questions they asked during the show last night were:
  • Have you had any sexual relations with any of your wife’s sisters?
  • Have you slept with any of your friends’ wives?
I didn’t finish watching the show because Steve and I thought everything looked fake… that the guy’s spouse already knows the answers to all of these questions and that even if he answered yes to any of the questions he was asked, it doesn’t necessarily mean he did them when he was married. He could’ve done them before his marriage and since the questions are somewhat vague in a sense that it doesn’t specify when, it’s all a bunch of crap.

So yeah, we ended up watching the last few minutes of America’s Next Top Model instead. Speaking of which, that show tells me that almost anyone can look like a model with a proper make up artist, hair stylist and a great set of clothes. Not forgetting to mention, a really good photographer who knows what he’s doing. I don’t particularly like any of the girls this cycle. I think Aimee is pretty but other than that, I don’t see anything special with any of them.

Can you believe the amount of reality shows on TV nowadays? Every channel has at least one reality show on at night… Paradise Hotel, America’s Next Top Model, Rock of Love, Big Brother, Survivor, Girlicious, etc. Ang dami dami talaga. I don’t watch all of them. Nakakasawa din kasi and some of them are just really corny and ridiculous. Now I hear they will be coming out with a new reality show featuring the Lohans. My goodness, it seems like another way to waste 30 minutes of my evening. It reminds of that reality show… I forgot the name.. was it Living with the Carters or something? It was the one with Nick Carter (of the Backstreet Boys) and his family. Disaster.

Anyway, I guess to each his own, right? Kanya-kanyang palabas. Whatever floats your boat kung baga.

No comments: