Monday, March 31, 2008

Work / Shorts / Deacon Joe

Still running resumes through our parsing tool today. I’m almost half-way through my pile. I apparently have approximately 2400+ resumes in my pile. I am drawing tiny little butterflies and trees and flowers in a piece of paper while making sure the resumes are going in properly and that I am noting down the ones that don’t go through.

Very boring but I’m not complaining too much because I’d really rather be doing this than training all day. This is a nice little break. I can even catch up with my posts while parsing. I just wish the emails and phone calls from clients would stop too.

For anyone who’s ever bought a pair of shorts, don’t you find them to be expensive? They cost almost just as much as a pair of jeans and a pair of shorts is probably less then half the amount of cloth they use for those pair of jeans. It’s an absolute rip-off! You’re almost better off cutting a pair of old jeans and making shorts out of them. I was so surprised at how much they cost! If I knew how to sew, I think I would try to make my own pair. Sheesh.

Deacon Joe attended mass yesterday. He’s a brother who was with our parish for the entire year last year and he’s a deacon now who is about to be ordained into the priesthood in a month or so. I’m going to say it and I know it sounds so wrong but he’s such a good-looking guy with a really great personality. I like his talks because he’s so funny and just so down-to-earth and I can really relate to what he’s saying. He’s so involved with the community and I often see him after mass talking to kids and the elderly. I have a tiny, teeny crush on him which my mom is very aware of and she constantly teases me when he’s present at mass. She keeps saying, “at least you lost him to God…” Hahahahaha. I have a tiny crush on him mom, that doesn’t mean I’m head over heels in-love with him. I can just appreciate the guy that’s all.

Anyhow, back to work I must go.

No comments: