Monday, March 31, 2008

Facebook Updated.

9 degrees today! Woohoo!

It’s cloudy and it’s raining all day but at least it’s warm-ER. Yesterday was the first time this season that I was able to wear a light jacket outside and it was great!

I have been updating my Facebook recently and found a few relatives’ pages. I had gone to my aunt’s Facebook page and found links to other family members. I was surprised to find out I have family in Winnipeg, Manitoba. So weird! I’ve never met them before (I think) and when I added them, I wasn’t really sure they were indeed family. I figured since they were in my aunt’s friends list and they had the same last name as me, we must be related in some way. Turns out they’re my second cousins who I didn’t even know existed. My dad… tsk tsk… he should really tell me more… oh I don’t know… maybe like let’s say family members in other places!

Anyway, it’s really interesting to meet all these new people even if it’s just online. Ahh Facebook… helping families discover each other… hahaha. Seriously, I would love to meet all my second and third cousins. It’s been so long since we’ve had a really big family reunion and I think it’s about time we had one. I mean, relatives not knowing or meeting each other since birth tells you something. Apparently, there are talks about a big family reunion sometime in the next few years in the Philippines but if it ever pushes through it will certainly be one expensive trip home.

My lola (grandma) on my mom’s side is turning 90 yrs old and we’re also having a big birthday bash for her which I’m really excited about. I’m finally going to see my cousins and nieces and nephews! Yay!

I have been doing my best to update all of my online pages – Blogger, Multiply, Friendster, Facebook, etc… I’ve dropped the ball on my Wordpress, Myspace and Eskwela and Ringo. There’s just way too many pages to maintain regularly!

No comments: