Thursday, April 03, 2008

Countersue!

Chris walked into the office this morning and the first words out his mouth were “I’m being sued by the guy I got into an accident with for $400,000!!” I couldn’t believe it… that’s a lotta money! Maaannnn, if I got sued for $400,000… I’d kill myself. I gots no money to payyyyyy!! I can’t even afford a one-bedroom condo… panu pa kaya ang $400k… tsk tsk… mahirap talaga ang maging mahirap.

Chris: “Yeah I couldn’t believe it… I had to read it again and count the zeroes...”

Officemate 1: “They shouldn’t be bothering you Chris. Insurance should take care of it.. that’s what you pay your insurance company for… you should counter sue…”

Me: “Yeah Chris, you should counter sue…”

Steve hears me and laughs. I laugh too… I just said counter sue but I really have no idea what I’m talking about. I just like saying it… “counter sue”… parang episode ng Judge Judy. Hehehehehe…

Anyway, apparently he was driving home from work during one of those really bad snow storms and the guy in front of him slipped and spun in circles and he ended up hitting the spinning guy because he couldn’t stop. Damages for both cars were taken care of by the insurance company but now he’s being sued for injury or some crap. I just want to tell the spinning guy “It’s not his fault noh! You were the one spinning wildly out of control AND he already paid for the damages for BOTH cars and insurance already took care of all of it AND it’s been 2 years!!”

Pero like I said, I don’t fully understand the intricate details and rules of insurance company policies and claims and all that. So I don’t really know if the other guy has enough basis for suing.

As they say here in Canada, anyone can sue for anything. Sabi na nga ba dapat naging lawyer nalang ako siguro yumaman nako sa dami ng mga taong mahilig magfile ng suit.

No comments: