Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ai De Ling Yu

I am sitting at my desk at work, listening to an F4 song.

Oo, F4… as in the gwapings of Meteor Garden.

I have my iPod hooked to a pair of speakers but I’m playing it really low so that it doesn’t disturb anyone else. And partly because it’s kinda embarrassing to be caught listening to music in a language I don’t understand. I don’t think a lot of people will be able to comprehend how I can like a song even though I can’t understand any of it. To be honest, I don’t even know if I like the song because of how it sounds or if I like it because it reminds me of F4 or the fact that they performed it. I think it’s a little bit of everything. One thing’s for sure, it’s not due to the message of the song. Heck, I don’t know what they’re saying!

Satin-satin lang ‘to ha? I actually own a few F4 concert DVDs. Baduy na kung baduy pero I really liked them… I still like them… I’m just not as obsessed with them like I used to be back when Meteor Garden was still the biggest thing on TV. In fact, I still have Dao Ming Si’s picture in one of my wallets and rolled up poster of him in a corner of my bedroom. The picture in my wallet is actually a mini calendar with his picture on the other side… you know, the one that Bench gave for free if you bought a shirt. No, I don’t look at his picture before I go to bed… I don’t look at his picture at all… I never did. I don’t even know why I kept him in my wallet. Siguro para cool. Hahahaha! At yung poster, bigay lang sakin ni mama.

I remember Studio 23 playing F4 music videos and I even knew some of the words! Kala mo naman naiintindihan ko… I can’t help but wonder, kung may Taiwanese kayang makarinig saking kumanta ng F4 song, would I make sense?

When I think about it, my F4 obsession could have been blackmail material. Nakakahiya… Until now, my brothers still make fun of me. Di ako tinablahan ng mass appeal ng Boyzone, Take That, Backstreet Boys… ay, konti lang sa Backstreet Boys.. pero pagdating sa F4, patok na patok sakin. Ang weird talaga ng buhay… o baka naman weird lang ako.

A basta, gusto ko sila.

No comments: