Friday, April 25, 2008

Things I did last weekend

  • Went to dinner with Steve and friends on Friday night at this small Mexican restaurant in Mississauga. Not bad but Steve still makes better tacos.

  • Woke up early on Saturday morning to go to Steve’s assembly in Georgetown. Nice, long drive but the weather was perfect and I got to wear my new dress.

  • Went to mass on Sunday morning, had lunch at home, took a short nap and then met Steve around 5pm. We got his car washed and vacuumed, bought sushi and a pita for dinner and we took a nap again after eating (we were both so busy during the weekend and both so tired so we ended up napping a lot).

  • I had the day off work on Monday for a doctor’s appointment. Thankfully, the TTC strike didn’t go through. I thought my appointment was for 11:30 am and I thought I was there on time but apparently it was for 11 am and I was half an hour late. Goodness! There’s always something going wrong with this particular appointment. I don’t even know anymore if I’m to blame or the receptionist. If there is an upside to it, the doctor was really nice and apparently, there’s nothing seriously wrong with me. After my appointment, I passed by the Eaton Centre to grab lunch and I bought myself 3 pairs of flip flops and a pair of shorts all for only $40+ (cheap!!).

    I also got my hair cut and colored to cover up all my gray hairs (yes, I have plenty… something I inherited from my dad amongst other traits). I have to say though that I still don’t know whether I love the cut or hate it. I think I just have to get used to it and let it grow out a little. Getting my hair cut is one thing I fret about. I don’t always have a style in mind and I pretty much let the stylist do his thing which of course could possibly lead to a hair disaster. And let me tell you I have had some really bad hair cuts in the past…which is why I’m always antsy about these things.



To say the least, I thought it was a good weekend.

No comments: