Monday, April 28, 2008

Driving me nuts.

  • Being asked the same question over and over again by the same person. Dude, asking me 20x won’t make me give you a different answer!

  • A tech asking me what to do and when I give him directions, he doesn’t do it. Next time, don’t ask if you’re just going to ignore my directions.

  • Saying yes you understand when you really don’t. It doesn’t help either one of us when you lie to me. I won’t mind teaching you again if you tell me you don’t get it. I mind when you tell me you know and then ask me again later.

  • When someone asks a simple question, give a simple answer. There is no need to use such extravagant words and phrases that people find difficult to understand. Giving confusing answers to an already confused monkey is just plain bananas in my opinion.

  • Learn to be polite. Sometimes a little politeness can go a long way especially when you’re giving the client a piece of bad news. It’s not always what you say… it’s how you say it.

  • When someone calls in for support and asks you for help, it’s just wrong to tell them to read the manual. ‘Nuff said.

  • I don’t have the answers to everything and I’m not afraid to admit it. Just because I know how to use something doesn’t mean I know how it was made. Asking me how it was made, the intentions of why it was made that way and then giving me suggestions on how to make it better… yeah… I’m the wrong person to tell them to. Nope, can’t help you with that mister.

  • Just because it doesn’t work the way you want it to, doesn’t necessarily mean it’s not working. Ask first and complain later.

  • If you’re not part of the solution, then don’t be part of the problem. Unless you have something important to contribute to the solution, keep your thoughts to yourself. Don’t cause us undue stress.

  • I don’t like being given BS. You know it’s BS, I know it’s BS… let’s not waste our time here.

1 comment:

MakMak said...

"Dude, asking me 20x won’t make me give you a different answer!"

>> I like this part. Ahahaha.

*******

And yep, you're right with statement #5. Everything depends on the delivery. Sadly, not everyone is skilled in that area.