Monday, April 28, 2008

Presenting... Girlicious!

Yes… believe it or not, I actually watched this show.

At first, I had no intentions of watching it because I thought it would be really corny and that it was going to be so much like the Search for the Next Pussycat Doll except worse. I mean, just look at the name of the group! Girlicious?! It’s not even a word! But Steve’s sister always watches it and since I spend so much time at their house, I ended up watching it too. The thing is, if I watch a show too often, I end up getting hooked and before I know it, I’m re-arranging my evenings just so I can follow each episode.

I have to say though that women who don’t know each other, when put in a house together, always spells trouble. Look at America’s Next Top Model, The Bachelor, The Search for the Next Pussycat Doll, Big Brother, and Girlicious just to name a few. Steve can’t help but laugh in the event of a cat fight. I can’t help but laugh either! These women fight at the most mundane and childish things. I always say it’s easier to maintain friendships with men than with women. At least men don’t take everything personally and they have a knack for letting things go in one ear and out the other.

Steve, his sister and I were always making bets on who was going to get eliminated and who were going to make it to the group. Steve wins the bet most of the time since he notices little things on the commercials showing previews of the following episode. He’ll say something like, “Carrie gets eliminated next week!” and I go, “How do you know?” and to which he’ll reply with, “Oh, because they showed the preview for next week and what gave it away was that they were showing the girls practicing and only Carrie was missing…” Surely enough, the girl he says gets eliminated, does get eliminated.

I had a hunch that Nicole and Tiffany would make it to the group. I just wasn’t sure who the third person would be. I really didn’t want Natalie to win because her ego was over the roof already.. I could only imagine what a diva she would turn into if she won. Chrystina was ok but she doesn’t handle pressure very well so I had my doubts about her. Charlye had the talent and she performs really well but she just couldn’t get along with all the other girls. Right before the finale, Steve said that 4 girls would win…again he knew because he said the preview gave it away. He suspected Charlye would get eliminated and he was right! In a way I was surprised that 4 made it to the group instead of 3 but then again I also wasn’t so surprised. Looks like Chrystina and Natalie would remain BFFs after all! LOL

I’m quite pleased with how it turned out. I really wanted Nicole and Tiffany to win regardless of whom else made it to the group. Chrystina did an awesome performance for Heart’s What About Love… Steve and I thought she actually sounded better than the original.

For those of you who watched Girlicious and missed the finale, you can find it on YouTube. Here’s a link to their first video/song Like Me.

No comments: