Thursday, June 19, 2008

I'm Flooded.

There’s been a lot of flooding in my dreams lately. By saying that, I mean that I have been having a lot of dreams that involves water rising and there’s flood everywhere. At first I thought it might have been brought about by me thinking about the end of the world before going to bed. Ala Noah’s Ark kung baga. But it’s been a recurring dream ever since. It’s a different place every time and different people are with me but there’s always water involved and lots of it. The dream will start out pleasant and all of a sudden water will come out of nowhere, start rapidly rising and I can hear myself telling the people around me to close the doors, run or go on higher ground.

I never drown although I am scared shitless. I always somehow manage to float or swim (even while carrying 2 suitcases in one dream) and for some reason, although I am clearly in the water, I am not wet. Very weird. No one I know drowns or gets harmed even though I can’t really keep count of every one who’s with me.

In one dream, I was in a resort with some friends and water started coming from somewhere and we all ran away and it never got us. When the water settled we decided to come back to our rooms and grab our suitcases (or whatever we could carry with us). For some reason, when we got to our rooms, my clothes and all my stuff were already packed into 2 black suitcases (coincidentally, I do not own any black suitcases but they’re there in my dream). We grab our stuff and swim whilst carrying our luggage (I don’t know how I managed but I did) and while swimming, I passed this guy who also happens to be a prince or some important person with his body guards. He was very nice and friendly and seemed concerned for my safety. He even offered to help me even though his body guards were clearly concerned for him. The last thing I remember about it is that I was considering moving all my important stuff into just one bag I could easily carry with me while talking to this guy. I don’t recall what happens next but I think I woke up all confused.

In another dream, I was staying after work with a few of my colleagues and we heard rain coming down outside so we had all decided we should leave and go home before it gets worse. But by the time we walked outside, it had already flooded and Steve’s car and another colleague’s car were completely submerged. We all go back in and I call my parents to say I will be spending the night at the office since we’re flooded in. We then have dinner and we’re all just hanging out, browsing the internet and so on and then for some reason (like all weird dreams) it seemed like several days had passed and we were hungry and tired and these big birds were trying to get in from the windows threatening to eat us (huh.. do you think I have psychological problems??). I was peeking from the office window and I saw this boat with people on it looking for other people. I think I was talking to them but about what… I have no idea. One bird actually caught my foot in the process and it didn’t hurt me for some reason and while I was trying to get my foot away, I woke up. SO WEIRD!

I don’t know what it means that I keep getting “flooded” dreams. These are the only 2 dreams I can still recall vividly. I have forgotten all the other ones.

I did some reading on the internet and the general consensus seems to be that floods signify a sense of being overwhelmed, stressed or a strong force/feeling. It also seems to signify change or a major happening which could either be positive or negative. Apparently, the water temperature and whether it’s clean or dirty has some bearing over what it means. It also seems to depend on whether you get wet in the dream or if you’re drowning or not and so on.

I have no idea why I keep getting these dreams and I don’t really know if I’m one to believe in dream interpretations. A lot of people say that dreams reveal our subconscious state and our deep emotions… if it is true, then I wonder what could be going on in my head!

2 comments:

MakMak said...

I think ha, generally, water foretells something bad. Most especially if it concerns flood, and/or murky waters.

Pero I have to consult my dream dictionary for that. At nasa Philippines yun. :P

Balikan kita. Ehehe.

Ako, I haven't had a single dream since I got here. I think. Weird.

k a r e n said...

Yikes! Parang bigla naman akong kinabahan..

Studies say every person has an average of 7 dreams each night but that we only remember so little of them. I don't know if that's true or not.