Monday, June 02, 2008

SATC, Narnia and Happy Endings

I still haven’t seen the Sex and the City movie. It came out last Thursday and Steve and I actually went to the theatre on Friday night hoping to see it. But as soon as we got there, it was clear we weren’t seeing it that night. The parking lot was jammed and I’m not even exaggerating. It was so full that cars were parked all the way to the street… with some even parking right on the curb. We were lucky enough to find a spot and we decided that since we were there already, we might as well check out other movies that might be playing. We both knew Sex and the City would attract a lot of people during its opening weekend but we were still quite surprised to see how many people actually went to the movies just to see it. All shows were already sold out by the time we got there so Steve and I decided to see Narnia instead.

With tickets in hand, we made our way through the crowd muttering “excuse me” the entire way in and we couldn’t believe the long line of women waiting to enter the theatre for Sex and the City. Steve couldn’t help but chuckle noticing that there wasn’t a single male in line. He keeps saying that although he expected a lot of women to see it, he also thought some guys would go since it’s quite a good show. I got a little annoyed with some of the women sitting by the entrance to Narnia… kasi ba naman, nag e-excuse me na nga ako, ayaw pang tumabi. Hmpf, sarap tapakan talaga.. buti nalang mabait ako. Harhar!

If there’s one advantage of seeing a different movie at the same time as the opening weekend of a big flick is that it’s pretty darn easy to find a good seat. Pahirapan lang talaga sa parking and having to weave in and out of the crowd.

Speaking of Narnia, I really liked it. Steve said he fell asleep somewhere during the movie but I didn’t notice. I have to say though that I was really affected by the ending. Na-sad ako mashado when Aslan said that Peter and Susan weren’t coming back anymore and that only Lucy and Edmund would come back one day. Darn it, why can’t they just stay in Narnia forever kasi! They were happy there naman… nakakainis.

I’m a huge sucker for happy endings when it comes to movies.. but not just any happy ending ha.. it has to be the ending I want. Hahahaha! Di rin naman ako selfish and naïve ‘noh? Kasi naman if Peter, Susan, Lucy and Edmund stayed in Narnia forever, masaya nako. Kahit wala nang Narnia 3. I downloaded the song that was playing at the end of the movie and everytime I play it on my iPod, I get sad all over again. Hay naku, sira nga ata talaga ako.

2 comments:

Jela said...

Hi! What's the rating of SATC there? Here it's PG-13 and it SUCKS!!! Puro cut, as in obvious na may mga scenes na na-cut. I don't understand why they have to lower the rating - I mean, I don't think 13 year olds would want to watch it! Ewan. I'll probably watch it again on (pirated) DVD.

I want to see Prince Caspian, too! The child actor who played Edmund is really handsome, he reminds me of young Joshua Jackson! But that's not the only reason I'll be seeing the movie! :)

k a r e n said...

It's R-18 here! They normally don't lower the rating here by cutting scenes from the movie. I think there will be an uproar if they did that especially with this movie.

LOL, I found Edmund very cute too! I think he looks better in this movie compared to the first one..he grew a little older kasi. I prolly ruined the movie for you by posting so much info here! Sorry! LOL