Thursday, June 12, 2008

Playing with my layout.

I have been playing with my blog layout for a few days now and yesterday I finally learned where to make the changes in the code so that I can add fancy icons on my posts. Yay!

I spent a lot of time on it yesterday and even went to bed late just because I got fascinated. All of a sudden I had ideas on how I can tweak it in certain areas so it looks better. I don’t know why I never thought of it before. Now I just need to make few more adjustments and see what else I can add.

Last night while in the car, Steve asked me if I was tired because I had been sitting quietly. I told him that yes I was tired but I was quiet because I was thinking of my blog code and I was thinking of where I should be adjusting it. I am one of those people that once I learn something new and once I learn how to make it work the way I want it to work, I start coming up with so many different ideas. Minsan nga pati habang naliligo ako, naiisip ko pa ‘toh. I remember when I was still in college, pag di ko mapagana yung program, naiinis ako. Parang I get obsessed with it until I figure it out.

Until now, I still have this somewhat addictive personality towards coding. Not so much on algorithms but more so on web design specifically templates. I get inspired kasi by all those different designs I see posted on the internet. Ang galing galing naman kasi talaga nung ibang tao lalo na when it comes to designing templates. Parang parating ang astig ng design nila and I am often left wondering how they did it. So ayun, pati ako naglalaro din ng layout para mapaganda ko din kahit konti yung blog ko. I know it might not be as nice as others, pero pwede na for me.

Napupuno na yung PC ko ng graphics at icons of different sorts! I need to delete the ones I know I won't be needing anymore!

2 comments:

Jela said...

I can relate! Until I started blogging, I ABSOLUTELY have no idea what HTML and CSS are! I took a crash course via good ol' Google and I still have a long way to go towards really understanding codes and stuffs!

k a r e n said...

I learned HTML in school but I'm not too familiar with XHTML which Blogger uses so I have to play with it to see how it works. The good thing about coding is that once you know the basics and you understand the concept, it's quite easy to adapt. =)