Monday, June 09, 2008

Warm weekend.

We had an extremely hot, humid weekend and I can’t complain. Despite it being uncomfortably sweaty and sticky, it was exactly my type of weather. I was happy to wear capris, shorts, tank tops and flip flops all weekend. It’s not even as hot and as humid as the Philippines, but it’s the closest we’ve got. Steve kept saying that it was just like Mexico except we didn’t have our swim-up pool to cool us off.

We tried to avoid activities which involved us being directly under the sun. We did some chores on Saturday morning and then in the afternoon when the sun wasn’t as high anymore, we played a bit of tennis. I suck at it by the way. I have terrible hand-eye coordination and when I’m lucky enough to hit the darn ball, it goes in any direction it wants to take. Poor Steve had to run after the ball. A few of his friends came by to play with us and I volunteered to just watch as they play doubles. I didn’t want to slow them down by being the only player who didn’t play well.

Me: Honey, I can tell all you guys are pretty active in sports.

Steve: Really? How?

Me: Well.. because all of you bring your own gear! When we play tennis, everyone brings their own tennis rackets, everyone of you has your own pair of skates and hockey stick… you even bring your own volleyball net and you have your own soccer balls… you guys have everything!

Steve: (Laughing) Huh. I guess we do have a few but not everything!

Me: Honey, I barely own a pair of running shoes.

I am not particularly good in sports by it doesn’t mean I don’t like playing or at least trying to. It just takes time for me to catch up. Thankfully, Steve’s patient enough to play with me and teach me.

After tennis, we left to meet up with friends at Danforth. Because the weather was very agreeable and Danforth is full of nice little restaurants with patios, everybody seemed to be there. It was packed and we barely found a place to park. We had a nice dinner (I stuffed myself with Kalamari, Saganaki, and bread) and stayed there for about an hour or two and then we headed home.

The next day, my family decided to celebrate Father’s Day early so we headed downtown for lunch and to do a bit of shopping. I didn’t buy anything although I did try on a few summer dresses and a few pairs of sandals.

Afterwards, Steve picked me up at the subway station and we went to see Sex and the City. I was so happy to finally see it. It was about 2 hours long (maybe a bit over… I can’t quite remember) and I loved every bit. I heard that some people didn’t like it and my co-worker said it was predictable but I thought it was great. It was the ending I wanted and more.

Anyway, go see it if you haven’t.

4 comments:

MakMak said...

Goodness, it was extremely hot last weekend. The weather totally ruined my NYC experience. =)

k a r e n said...

Hahaha! I love the heat! It was so hot and humid this weekend and last night was worse kasi it rained but there was NO breeze whatsoever!

Yep, I'm a "hot" girl (as opposed to one who likes the cold, that is) =)

Paoper said...

I hate the, um, heat.

Except for walking, I DON'T like sports. Except of course when the players are edible.

I presume you saw the UNcut version of the SATCMovie? Here in the Pearl of the Bore-ient they released a mutilated version.

k a r e n said...

hi Xio!

yes, sports is pretty hard but having a yummy player does make the effort all worthwhile. LOL

yes, i saw the uncut version of SATC movie which i thought was awesome by the way.

i heard about the mutilated version! apparently to lower the rating down to PG-13? i don't get that at all! at the time when SATC was on TV, how old were these 13 yr olds anyway? it's not like they've been a fan for years and have to absolutely see the movie! RIDICULOUS!