Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Weekend Activities

I had one busy weekend.

On Saturday, Steve and I drove to Kitchener with 3 other ladies for an assembly. I had never been there before so I was a bit eager to see the place and see what’s there. It was quite a drive from Toronto. We left at 7:30 am and arrived in Kitchener at around 9 am. Steve said we were lucky because the roads were good and we made good time. We only stayed at the assembly till noon and skipped out at lunch to catch the soccer match between Greece and Russia (Greece lost much to Steve’s dismay). After soccer, Steve and I drove back to the assembly to pick up the 3 ladies we went with and drove them home. It was long and tiring. I was seated in the middle of the back seat since I’m the smallest and if I had sat in front, it would have been very uncomfortable for the 3 ladies to seat at the back. But being in the middle of the back seat was quite uncomfortable and by the time we got home, blood had stopped flowing on my left butt cheek and my left leg.

We weren’t able to go around Kitchener but I liked the area I saw. The houses looked nice and the streets were quiet and the people seemed friendly (at least the ones I observed from the bar where we watched the soccer game). It seemed like an ideal neighborhood to raise kids.

Sorry folks, I didn’t really take any pictures of the place since I only had my phone camera with me and it was in my purse in the trunk.

On Sunday, Steve had to go to Kitchener again while I spent the day with my family. It was Father’s day and we decided to have lunch at Little Italy. Little Italy is this street downtown lined with Italian Restaurants (hence the nickname “Little Italy”). This weekend was Taste of Little Italy and they basically close the entire street and the restaurants sell food on the street. People just walk along the street and buy food and whatever item they like or you can just go in and eat inside. During the summer, there are a lot of festivals like this. My favorite is Taste of the Danforth which is basically Greek Town. It’s the best one, in my opinion.

Being at the Taste of Little Italy, one would think we’d have Italian food…but no, we actually had Gyros (Greek) and Burritos and Tacos (Mexican). Talk about irony. We didn’t stay there very long… there wasn’t a lot to see and do there anyways. After eating, we took the streetcar back to the subway where my parents took the train heading east to go home and I took the one heading west to Steve’s place.

He wasn’t home yet so I let myself in with the keys he lent me. I washed the dishes from our dinner the night before, changed into a pair of shorts I had brought with me and went online to browse for songs on iTunes. He got home shortly after and we went out to have dinner at a Japanese restaurant called Momiji. Wow, I realized just now that I had practically eaten the world that day – Greek, Mexican, Japanese… LOL! I love eating at Momiji…they have such good food!

After dinner, we rented a movie entitled “Misery” which is a Stephen King novel and is a classic according to Steve. Not my type of movie but I thought it was good. I just couldn’t help but flinch at that part where she cripples him. Majorly disturbing.

So yeah, it’s been a weekend full of activities and I can’t wait for the weekend already even though it’s only Tuesday.

No comments: