Friday, May 18, 2007

Dress Stress

After much searching, I finally found a dress to wear to the weddings I’m attending in the next couple of weekends. It’s so hard to find one that fits me well… too long, to wide, to tight, too expensive… and everytime something comes up where I have to wear a dress, I can’t say I’m too thrilled with the idea.

I love wearing dresses just as much as wearing jeans. It’s finding the right dress that makes the whole thing so unappealing. I have to start looking for a dress to wear atleast a week before the event just so I have enough time to go around. There are stores where it’s easy to find a dress that would fit me but they’re freakin’ expensive. I just don’t think it’s worth spending over $400 for a dress I’m going to wear once… maybe twice. If it were a really big event then maybe I’d consider it. But otherwise, I’d rather look for something that’s nice and not too pricy.

Maybe I should buy a dress everytime I see one that fits me and is within my budget and just keep it until I need one. That way if something does come up, I can just pull one out of my closet.

2 comments:

Marieseda said...

That's what I do. Whenever I find a dress that meets the 2 most important criteria (price and fit) I pick it up. Even if I have nothing in mind when I buy it eventually some event comes around and I'm happy to have it. My closet is now full with little black dress and such that will come in handy for a lot of this summers happenings.

Lets go shopping!!!

k a r e n said...

That's the plan Tina!

I have tons of black dresses but very little of the other colors.. The other piece of clothing that's hard for me is jeans.

Shopping shopping shopping!!