Monday, May 07, 2007

No place like it

It’s so hot in my office. I share it with D, our new trainer, and our tiny space, although it has a door, does not have any windows nor any form of ventilation. We do have a sun roof which allows a bit of sunlight into the room but it doesn’t open. If we close our door, we end up boiling. We could keep the door open but since we both train and are on the phone a lot, we have to keep it closed to keep the noise out. I can tolerate heat more than D since I’m more used to it. Poor guy is suffering so much that he decided to bring a fan to work. Being a girl definitely has its advantages because I can go to work wearing lighter clothes while he normally goes to work wearing long-sleeved clothing. Told him he should invest in lighter clothing.

I was able to chat with Arlene this morning for about an hour or so. It feels good to talk to someone who also misses home as much as I do. We were both talking about how much we missed all our friends from college and how different it truly is to be living in North America. Not that it’s bad, it’s just different. She had posted a picture of all of us from college on her Friendster page and seeing it made me a little sad. Sometimes I wonder if I’ll ever stop missing home.

It’s funny she said she feels like all of the people she’s close to has either left the country or is leaving and she feels like she’s being left behind. It’s funny because I feel the exact same way. I kidded around saying I started it all by leaving first. It’s part of growing up I guess… sometimes we need to leave not necessarily because we want to, but because we have to.

Sometimes I worry that if I go back home for a visit, I might want to stay.

No comments: