Thursday, May 10, 2007

Little Ms. Shiny

You want the things you don’t have. Maybe not all the time but still holds true.

I am the splitting image of my mum (or so everyone says). She doesn’t look her age either and a lot of people actually mistake us for sisters rather than mother and daughter. No, she didn’t have me early. In fact, she had me when she was 27 years old (oops, I think I just told you how old she is…hehe. Sorry mommy!) I have the same set of cheekbones, the same smile, same hair, almost the same everything. The only physical characteristics I took from my dad are my limbs, fingers and toes (oh yes put our hands and feet right beside each other and you’ll be amazed at how similar they are! Lucky for me, the shape of my dad’s fingers and toes aren’t the typical male’s and in fact bodes well for me. LOL), my grey hairs and of course my super oily face. Although I look like my mum, I’m as oily as my dad. Ugh. Thankfully, it’s only my face and not my entire body.

So you ask me, what’s up with the first line of this post? Simply put, I don’t like having such an oily face and would really love to have inherited my mum’s instead. That way I don’t have to constantly reflect light off my face whenever someone takes a picture of me. I would also be saving money from buying oil blotters and blot powders. Super ugh.

No comments: