Thursday, May 31, 2007

They Obviously Thought They Can Dance

Ever watch the show So You Think You Can Dance?

Last night while having dinner with Steve and Fey, we were watching the show. It really amazes me how gutsy these people are! I have to say there are those who are truly talented and really know how to move. And then there are those that are…uh…how shall I put it… plain horrible. I admire them for trying but maaannn… one guy was dressed in a very weird costume and basically stomped his feet through his audition. What were you thinking? One girl proudly said she had been training for 15 years and when she got on stage, everyone said she was horrendous. She didn’t know how to dance. At all.

I would understand if it were the first season when people didn’t know yet what to expect and were auditioning for the show but if you followed the previous season and you know damn well how difficult the competition is and who you are up against, wouldn’t you be more prepared? Wouldn’t you choreograph something that would compete with the top 20 finalists of the previous season? I would think so.

At least I can admire them for trying and going for what they want. One thing’s for sure, it was fun watching the whole thing.

No comments: