Monday, May 07, 2007

I came, I saw, I gave in

I was reading Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella and every time Rebecca Bloomwood is tempted to buy something, I have the urge to yell at her and say, “No! Don’t do it!!” Even though it’s a book and she’s just a character in the book. That book is a painful reminder of how close I am to becoming her. It’s so hard to not go inside a shop and it’s even harder to come out without buying something. I know I should be more practical and I am trying. But sometimes, the temptation is so freaking hard to resist! I know I'm supposed to be saving...but damn why does it have to be so hard?! And sometimes I think there must be some sort of conspiracy going on because every time I decide that's it, it's the last purchase I'm making and I'm saving every penny from now on, the mall will suddenly come out with so many nice clothes, cute little things that I just want to buy. Awful I tell you.

Just the other day I was at Yorkdale and I told myself that I was only buying what I needed and that I was going to go straight home...guess what?!? I passed by Jacob, went in and out came me with a bag in hand. A freakin' $55 top that I didn't need. It is a very cute top though. Hmpf.

No comments: