Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Victoria Day

Victoria Day, Steve and I decided to go to James Gardens since it was beautiful out. We were lucky enough to find a parking spot when we got there. It was really nice. We had brought a blanket with us to sit on, some chips and bottles of water. I’ve never been there before and niether has Steve so we decided we’d walk around and see the place a bit. We didn’t really know where we were going so we just kept on walking.

We were hoping to see some interesting animals like a beaver or maybe a frog. Frogs are common in the Philippines (you see one almost everytime it rains) but I’ve never seen one here in Canada. Of course I’ve never seen a beaver either so I really wanted to see it. Unfortunately, we don’t think you can find one in James Gardens. We saw a few interesting birds including a red cardinal which I wanted to take a picture of but I was far too busy trying to take a picture of the chipmunks. I’ve never seen a chipmunk before so imagine how excited I was to see not one but two! Someone had left nuts along the wooden fence which we guessed were meant for the birds to eat but the chipmunks were having a go at it. They’re so cute! I didn’t know they were tiny and very agile. Their cheeks were so round and I really wanted to touch it. Take a look!


The cutest little thing ever! After walking around for awhile, we got tired and decided to head back and find a clear spot to lie on our blanket. We ate a few chips, drank water and just laid down under the warmth of the sun. It was such a nice day.

Later that night we went to the Ontario Place to watch the fireworks but I forgot to take pictures! It was nice too and we got there just in time. Had we been a few minutes late, we would've missed the entire thing. It was a nice day altogether... I even had an opportunity to take a nap in the afternoon. Such a great day.

No comments: