Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Cherry, cherry black

The other night while having dinner with the family:

Me: Ma, these cherries are so good!

Mum: Hay naku! Do you know how long it took me to pick the good ones?!

Me: Mmm… yummy! The darker ones, the ones that are almost black in color are so much sweeter than the red ones…

Dad: That’s how you tell the ripe ones… di mashado masarap yung red…

Me: Mmmm... talaga ha... we also had them at work the other day.. Steve got them... I finished the entire pack all by myself...hehe


So there we were, sitting and eating a bowl of cherries… after awhile:


Me: Ma, your teeth are turning black… and so are your lips! Katuwa!

Mum: Onga eh… nevermind, it will go away when I brush my teeth after…


after a brief pause...


Me: Shites! You mean my teeth and gums were black when I was eating them at work?! I kept smiling at people pa naman whenever they passed me… shiyet…

No comments: