Monday, June 18, 2007

Tanned

I love the summer. It’s warm, I can wear anything I want, go places and do stuff outdoors… it’s just plain awesome.

I spent most of my weekend under the sun and I got pretty tanned. Miss-smarty-pants here didn’t put any sunblock on so not only am I bright red on my cheeks, shoulders and neck, but I am also in pain. My legs are a bit sore from swimming and because I am burnt, it stings when my clothes rub against my skin. I used to be the most fair in my family and now I’m the darkest. JR keeps teasing me about it and dad keeps rubbing it in some more.

Mum: “Don’t worry, it will go away in the winter and you’re skin will return to its natural color.”

Me: “But summer is just beginning which means I’m going to get burnt some more! Ang itim ko na!

Mum:Bakit, you’re Filipino naman ah… You are supposed to be a bit dark”

Me:Eh kaso I’m not dark naman by nature noh! I was born fair so getting tanned doesn’t mean I’m returning to my natural color. Not even close”

Mum:Sabi na kasi you should’ve worn sunblock. Ang kulit kasi eh.”

I felt better later when Steve and I went out for dinner and he said he likes my new color. He said I have a “glow”. I smiled…

No comments: