Thursday, June 07, 2007

Laptop Reformatted

After much bugging and procrastinating, dad finally decided to back my files up and re-format my dear laptop. I, apparently, had over 1GB of files in total and could not fit in his USB memory stick. I don't know where he put my data into and I could only suspect he moved everything into an external hard drive since I saw it hooked to my laptop the other night. Last night was the first time I had actually used my laptop again since he wiped it clean. I was surprised to find that he had installed Windows VISTA as my OS instead of Windows XP. It took me a few seconds to grasp what I was seeing. No wonder everything looked a little off.

Personally, I don’t like re-formatting my machine. I know it is good to re-format once in awhile but it’s always such a hassle to have to put everything back in again. I have to look for my CD installers again, re-install all my programs and put all my documents back in. I always worry that in the process, I might lose something – an important file, my purchased music, photos or projects I’ve spent a lot of time on. Not to mention all the links I’ve saved in My Favorites. Ugh.

I know VISTA is still relatively new and like any other, it still has some problems. I am a bit hesitant to use it but dad seems to really want it so I’m letting him do whatever he wants. Anyway, if it doesn’t work out, I can always re-format again and put XP back on.

No comments: