Thursday, June 21, 2007

Nap Time

I finally figured out why I’m so sleepy today. It because I drank orange juice instead of coffee this morning! This is, of course, my presumption. I could be wrong.

I struggled to keep my eyes open the entire morning and it reminded me of those funny cartoons where they put toothpicks to hold their eyelids up. For a second there, it almost seemed like a solution. I tried drinking plenty of water (I don’t know why I thought that would help), chewed gum, listened to lively music, talked to people, walked around the office and tried to post… but all to no avail. I couldn’t concentrate on anything I was trying to do because because I was too busy trying to stay awake. I miserably stared at my PC and complained to Steve… like complaining would help keep me up.

To make things worse, I had to train a client today and I was not in the mood for it. At all. It’s so difficult to train someone when all you feel like doing is falling asleep right then and there. I managed to survive but it was a bit painful. Thankfully, it wasn’t a full day of training or else I would’ve cried.

Wah. I really need a nap… to fall into sweet slumber right now would be amazing.

No comments: