Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I don't like you but I don't know why

I don't have any problems being introduced to others or meeting new people. I can be shy at times but I'll smile and talk. If I seem very quiet, it isn't due to anything negative, it's probably because you make me nervous. Just give me sometime to get comfortable, I promise to do better.

Although I find that once in awhile I'll meet someone and I'll feel uneasy towards that person or for some reason I just don't like him/her and I don't know why. It's like my instincts are trying to tell me something even though I don't know what it is. I know it's not right to judge others right away and I do try to get to know the person a little better first before I make up my mind but it's hard for me because my guard automatically goes up. It's like my instincts are screaming and I'm trying to shush it down and I'm trying to convince myself that there is nothing wrong with the person and that I should be extremely nice.

The thing with me is that I can't fake my emotions. If I don't like you, you'll know or atleast get the inkling that I don't like you. I won't be rude to you but I will put some distance between us. I will be helpful when needed, I will listen, and I will respect you but unfortunately I can't force myself to like you... it has to happen on its own. Although most of the time my instincts are right, I have been wrong in a few occasions. I guess I have to let some time pass, see what happens and do a re-assessment. LOL

No comments: