Tuesday, November 14, 2006

An unlikely visitor

I was reading this woman’s blog and one of her posts was about her “unlikely visitor”. She was playing with her daughter when she heard a knock on her front door. She thought it unusual since it was a single knock so she went to see who it was or what it was. She found a bird lying on its back. It apparently knocked itself out on her front door but it was still breathing. She felt sorry for it so she was trying to think of ways to help the poor thing. Of course she didn’t have a clue what to do so she was thinking maybe she should get a toothpick and support the bird’s neck with it and maybe nurse it back to health with milk. She ended up calling a vet’s office and by this point, she was already crying because she was very concerned about the bird. The woman who answered the phone told her they don’t help wild birds and advised her to “let nature have its way”. At a loss, she went back to her front door to check on the bird and to her surprise, it was back on its feet as if nothing had happened.

I don’t know why I’m writing about this but when I was reading her post, I was imagining it happening in my head and I guess I found it amusing. Amusing and touching at the same time. To be honest, I don’t know what I would’ve done if I were in her shoes. My first instinct would have been to call my brothers or my dad and ask them what I should do. For some reason, when it comes to things like this, I always think my brothers or my dad has the answer. Would I have cried? I don’t know.

No comments: